6-max features in the TOP-20 of the online poker rooms of the world
We have decided to give real alternatives to grinders that are still playing at PokerStars; therefore, we started to benchmark the site with all TOP-20 online poker rooms, not only by traffic but also considering rake, effective rake, probability (spin & go), etc.
Summary table of characteristics of regular 6-max tables in different poker rooms
|Rake NLH*||4,5%-5% (4,79%)||5%||5%||5%||5%-6,6% (5,2%)||5,50%|
|Caps rake NLH||$1,5-$3,5 ($2,5)||$1-$10 ($5)||$1-$3 ($2,7)||$3||$1-$4||$3-$5|
|Rake PLO||4,25%-5% (4,7%)||3%||5%||5%||5%-6,6% (5,2%)||5,50%|
|Caps rake PLO||$1,5-$3,5 ($2,5)||no cap||$1-$3 ($2,7)||$3||$1-$4||$3-$5|
|Rakeback||1%-2%||fixed 50%||20%-40%||10%-60%||fixed 35%*||VIP|
|Effective rake (NL100$ and PLO100$)*||5% ($2,5)||3,75% ($5) and 2,4%*||3,5%($3)||3,5%($3)||3,25%($4)||4,54%($3)|
|HUD support||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes (converter)|
|Multitabling limitation||4 tables||No restrictions*||18 tables||40 tables||16 tables||No restrictions|
- The table shows a range for rake indicators (caps for tables with 5+ players) at stakes from NL/PLO10 to NL/PLO1k, and in brackets its average values for seven stakes in this range;
- At Betfair the rakeback is shown in terms of real rake, not SBR (Source Based Rake);
- Effective rake — value obtained after deducting the average rakeback at a particular stake. This value is quite approximate;
- As the GG Poker Network applies an indirect rake structure (PVI rake) that benefits amateur players (affecting regs) and not all the calculations are public, we consider a 25% rakeback for effective rake;
- The 4-table limit on the GG Poker Network was removed due to technical problems with the implementation.
Summary of the number of regular 6-max NLH tables in different poker rooms
- PokerStars still has the best poker client and the best traffic;
- The NL16 tables at PokerStars are included in the table;
- During American peak time the traffic increases at US Networks (Chico and WPN).
Summary of the number of regular 6-max PLO tables in different poker rooms
- We consider all formats in PokerStars, including 5-card Omaha, Courchevel, and Omaha Hi/Lo.
In short, playing regular 6-max tables on alternative poker networks is a profitable decision (similar to spins) — in the absence of strict restrictions to grind, players pay less effective rake compared with PokerStars, which means having a better profit.
The only exception is perhaps the high stakes PLO tables on GG Poker Network due to the lack of rake caps.
As for traffic, PokerStars has managed to increase the total number of tables during the past four months, mainly at low stakes. If we count from NL400 and higher, there are no bigger differences between the number of tables among the rooms. At NL50–NL200, Stars is only 1,5-3 times ahead of its competitors, which is very little compared with the indicators 2-3 years ago.
To get a private rakeback deal at the best online poker sites for 6-max players, please request our round-table service:
Email: [email protected]
|Rakeback||up to 90%|
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news.