Summer Battle of Malta
The first online edition of the Battle of Malta took place in November 2020. Then it was a "replacement" for a live event, which switched to the Internet due to the pandemic. This year it was decided to hold the festival three months earlier.
From July 11 to 25, 2021, GGPoker will host the second Battle of Malta online with $25,000,000 guaranteed.
Its schedule is divided into two parts: several hundred side events with buy-ins from $25 and 15 Ring Events, the winners of which will receive unique rings. In the latter, all entries and buy-ins are in euros.
Schedule of the BoM 2021 Main Events:
|11 July||20:05||#1: King's Landing Opener||110||250.000|
|22:30||#2: Siege of Malta Bounty MILLION$, €1M GTD [Final Stage]||105||1.000.000|
|12 July||20:05||#3: St. Julian's Bounty Feast||105||150.000|
|13 July||20:05||#4: Three Cities Challenge [3-Stack]||330||250.000|
|14 July||20:05||#5: Iron Throne Marathon||110||150.000|
|15 July||20:05||#6: Bounty for the Knight||210||200.000|
|16 July||20:05||#7: PLO-NL Crusaders Bounty Quest||210||50.000|
|17 July||20:05||#8: Talinn Summer Showdown [6-Max]||55||125.000|
|18 July||20:05||#9: Kings of Tallinn Main Event||220||500.000|
|21:05||#10: MILLION$ European Cup, €1M GTD [Final Day]||50||1.000.000|
|19 July||20:05||#11: Grand Harbour Superstack||110||150.000|
|20 July||20:05||#12: Gladiator 6-Max||330||200.000|
|21 July||20:05||#13: Castle Siege Bounty Turbo [Ultra Deep]||52,5||100.000|
|22 July||20:05||#14: Bounty for the Queen||315||250.000|
|23 July||20:05||#15: PLO-NL Knight Crusaders||220||50.000|
|24 July||20:05||#16: Beat the Pros [Special Edition]||210||200.000|
|25 July||20:05||#17: Bounty for the King Royal Championship||525||500.000|
|22:30||#18: Main Event, €3M GTD [Final Day]||550||3.000.000|
The full schedule is available here.
The Main Event will keep the same buy-in and guarantee as last year, but since both are in euros this time, the actual prize pool will increase by almost 20%. The currency switch is clearly a strategy to attract as many European poker fans as possible to the Battle of Malta Online 2021.
#18 €3M GTD Main Event for €550 kicks off on July 18 and consists of 58 starting flights until July 25, when the final day starts. Each starting day features the following structure:
- Starting stack: 25,000 chips (250BB)
- Blinds grow every 12 minutes
- Unlimited re-entries and late registration (16 levels)
- All remaining players at the end of level 20 will qualify for the final day
- As usual, you can play as many Day 1 you wish, but only the largest stack will qualify
We can conclude that BoM is returning this year to the live arena after a one-year break by the transfer of the online series to the summer and the set of prizes in the leaderboard for the TOP20 players.
- 1st place: €3.200 BoM Live (7 nights accommodation in a 5 stars hotel, tickets for ME and HR, travel expenses).
- 2-3 place: €2.200 BoM Live (7 nights accommodation in a 5 stars hotel, ME ticket, travel expenses).
- 4th-10th place: €1.600 BoM Live Package (4 nights accommodation in a 5 stars hotel, ME ticket, travel expenses)
- 11th-20th place: €800 BoM Live Package (ME ticket, travel expenses)
Points towards the leaderboard are calculated using the following formula:
Points = f * sqrt (Prize fund / k), where k is the place in the tournament, and f is a coefficient (x2 for first place, 1.2x for reaching the final table, x1.0 for ITM, x0.5 for being eliminated in the bubble).
Players will most likely be able to use such packages in November 2021.
Advantages of our affiliate service:
- Private promotions and tournament tickets on our Telegram channel;
- Professional support on all issues seven days a week.
Contact us to get a deal and start playing now:
Email: [email protected]
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news