Daniel Negreanu takes the lead in the match
The live broadcast from the Aria Casino lasted over three hours. All this time, both players were chatting and exchanged jokes. Negreanu took the lead early on — on hand eight, he made a flush that Polk called with two pairs for $30k.
After that, Doug worked very hard to close this gap, and with only 30 hands left, Doug led for $6,000, although he managed to raise $14k for a while.
The most exciting action was waiting for the audience until the end of the match.
- 170 — both players had gutshot draws on a T3J flop. Negreanu pushed his K9s, forcing Doug to fold with AQ.
- 175 — Daniel got a top pair with KJ and then three of a kind. Doug again failed to complete his draw and lost 15k.
- 178 — Negreanu got a pair of eights with K8, beating AJ for $40k.
- 193 — the biggest pot of the day, $114,350. Negreanu got a set of sixes and successfully slowplayed Doug, who decided to bluff him with Q high, losing his entire stack.
- 198 — Another draw caused Polk to lose 17k against Negreanu, who had two pairs on the flop.
Video of the first session of the match:
After the first 200 hands of the Doug Polk vs. Daniel Negreanu Challenge, the Canadian pro is ahead by $116,500.
Both players were very polite on Twitter, noting that they could play and entertain the fans despite their differences.
The first day of the challenge met all the audience's expectations, and there are still thousands of hands and a lot of action ahead.
Advantages of our affiliate service:
- Private rake chase;
- VIP customer service.
Contact us to get an exclusive deal and start playing now:
Email: [email protected]
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news