Online poker rooms make great efforts to attract new players, and the welcome packages are the first impression. A welcome package usually includes a first deposit bonus, tickets for freeroll tournaments or whatever the poker room consider it may interest new players. In this post, we will review the best first deposit bonuses available according to:
- Maximum bonus size;
- Wagering terms;
- Promotions awarded to the player;
- Percentage of return compared to the VIP program of the room (in terms of rakeback)
Comparison of first deposit bonuses by size
We have studied all the major poker rooms offering first deposit bonuses, considering a traffic that will comfortably allow you to take full advantage of the bonus. The result is the next one:
|Poker room||First deposit bonus|
The poker rooms could be divided into three groups according to the bonus size:
- 1,500 USD — RedKings, Betfair Poker;
- 1,000 USD — Tigergaming (Chico network), Americas Cardroom
- $777 and less — PokerKing, Pokerdom, 888 Poker.
Comparison of first deposit bonuses by wagering terms
|Americas Cardroom||60 days|
|Tigergaming (Chico)||30 days|
The table shows an interesting fact, the bigger the bonus, the less time to clear it
Comparison of first deposit bonuses by the size of single payments to the player
From the player point of view, it is most convenient to receive the bonus in small parts, so if for any reason the whole bonus could not be cleared, a big part of it is not lost. And of course, extra money in the account never sounds bad.
In RedKings the bonus has several fixed levels of different sizes, the table shows the range of possible sizes of one-time bonus obtained during the wagering process.
Comparison of first deposit bonuses by rakeback percentage
This is the most difficult point of our analysis, given the fact that the size of the rakeback depends on the VIP program, the rake structure (that is not always transparent), and even some rooms have very particular conditions. Therefore, we will need to make some assumptions, for example, we are considering a player making 500€ of rake per month after its first deposit:
|Poker room||First deposit bonus RB||VIP system RB||
|Pokerdom||25%||50% (20%)||75% (45%)|
* rooms with VIP deals for Worldpokerdeals players, which could lead to fewer rake requirements per month; please contact our support team in Skype to obtain more information
The table shows that in most of the rooms the rakeback of the first deposit bonus is about 20% (5 rooms of 8). In general, we could conclude:
- In Betfair, you will need to make at least 500€ of rake. Otherwise, the total rakeback percentage for the first bonus redemption will be 10% less;
- High rakeback rates in Pokerdom (75%) for new players are possible only if they register in the room under our VIP program, getting 5 weeks of the maximum possible rakeback regardless of the rake. The remaining 3 weeks of the first deposit bonus will have 30% less rakeback.
- In RedKings, only Worldpokerdeals players can receive the maximum rakeback from the room
- The Americas Cardroom column is not a typo. The room deducts part of the rakeback for the first deposit bonus, so the players will receive 27% fixed.
- Playing with us in Tigergaming and PokerKing will allow you to get a very good rakeback from the very beginning.
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news.
|Rakeback||up to 90%|
|Rakeback||up to 50%|