2020 Series: Chinese Poker Week
Despite being now a global poker network, GGPoker still serves the Asian market, and many players, especially from China, can be spotted at the tables.
Since the second half of 2018, the network has been hosting events with buy-ins in Yuan (Golden Dragon Tournament Series, Chinese Zodiac Tournaments, etc.), and when Rush & Cash (fast-fold poker) was launched, the games were also played in Chinese Yuan. Right now, 6+ Hold'em remains as an Asian focused game that is also played in local currency.
Following this strategy, GGPoker Network will celebrate the Chinese New Year by offering a tournament series during the holiday week that will take place from January 24 to 29: the 2020 Series.
2020 Tournament Series Features
The 2020 festival features 91 events and will break some records:
- Total number of events: 91;
- Total guaranteed prize pool: ¥15,000,000 ($2,190,000); a record for tournament series held in Yuans;
- Average guaranteed: $24,000;
- Main Event: 2020 Series Championship will have a ¥5,000,000 GTD prize pool (about $730,000); a new record;
- All events will take place in a Chinese time zone (mornings in America and mid-day in Europe);
- Satellites: each event will have at least three satellites with entries equal to 10% of the buy-in.
The 2020 Series full schedule can be checked here.
2020 Series Championship Main Event $730,000 GTD
GGPoker Network recently added phased events, and the 2020 Series won't be the exception. The schedule includes many multi-day events, like the Main Event that features a massive guaranteed prize pool of ¥5,000,000 GTD with a ¥2,020 buy-in ($295).
Three mini-tournaments will be played every day towards the 2020 Series Championship Main Event limited to 17 levels of 8 minutes (136 minutes in total), and the grand final will kick-off on January 30. Almost 2,700 players are needed to cover the guaranteed prize pool.
Although the games are played in Yuan, any player can register in the 2020 Series tournaments; the buy-ins will be automatically converted from USD to CNY at the current exchange rate.
In general, the 2020 Series should have a positive impact on the overall GGPoker Network traffic, and it will surely bring new players from China.
Our players in the GGPoker Network will receive:
- Up to 50% PVI rakeback regardless of Fish Buffet;
- Agent cashier for true grinders without transfer fees;
- Rake races for cash games players;
- Private promotions and tickets raffles in our Telegram channel;
- Professional support for players seven days a week.
To get more information about our GGPoker Network rakeback deal, please contact our team:
Email: [email protected]
|Rakeback||up to 100%|
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news.