GreySnow Poker is joining the BetConstruct Network
Six months ago, Grey Snow Poker was announced as a "no-rake" poker room, emulating the structure introduced by Chinese poker rooms like PokerMaster. The poker room was highly promoted in Latin-America and other markets, but although it offered lots of freeroll tournaments and had a reasonable budget for marketing, the site is still struggling to increase its traffic and make the project profitable. Since day 1, we spotted overlays over 50%, and today, the situation is very similar. Also, the cash games tables are usually empty (except for 2-3 micro-limits tables).
But the poker room managed to attract lots of amateur players and is the reason why it is joining to the BetConstruct network: to offer better conditions to the players that already registered at the poker room. The major changes will be:
- We assume that the "no-rake" system will be changed by the network's standard (5% weighted contributed);
- The massive tournament overlays will no longer happen, although at Vbet Poker, the flagship poker room of the BetConstruct network we have spotted some overlays, but not as massive as the GreySnow Poker ones;
- The current players will see an amazing increment of cash games in the lobby;
- All bonuses and rakeback deals will change, in theory, in favor of the players;
- To use a HUD in other BetConstruct rooms, a hand converter is needed; therefore, the HUD usage may no longer be available, but that needs to be checked after the launching.
For current BetConstruct players, the influx of the GreySnow Poker players is good news as more amateur players will come to the tables; as for the current GreySnow Poker players, the changed will be higher as the traffic will increase, both in cash games and tournaments
Betcoin Poker 2.0: WPN departure and new software client
Betcoin Poker is a crypto poker room that has been on the market for several years now; in the past year, the poker room had problems with a Bad Beat Jackpot handling, which forced the closure of the room and a quick re-opening under new conditions. This week the room continued reinventing itself and announced Betcoin Poker.AG 2.0, which introduces significant changes for the players:
- The biggest change is that Betcoin Poker is leaving the WPN network; therefore, the tournament grid will be just composed of Betcoin players. Being a member of the WPN Network (although only the tournament pool was shared) was one of the major points in favor of the poker room;
- A new HTML5 client will substitute the current software, and it looks that will be the only one available, in replacement of the current desktop and mobile clients. After the launching, we will analyze the new client, but the experience of poker rooms having only a web-browser client isn't the best one (IDNPoker for example);
- All the bonuses will remain the same.
While GreySnow Poker is looking to increase the number of available games to its players, Betcoin is moving in the other direction and will remain as an independent poker room; in the following months, we'll check the results of these movements, but our opinion is that Betcoin will lose a big portion of the traffic (mainly the players registered from restricted countries looking to play the WPN tournaments) and that GreySnow will take advantage of the license they have to improve the poker room.
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news.