New Cash Drop
In late 2020 partypoker hinted that they were preparing a new promotion in the form of a Cash Drop after some files were found in the client's folder. The players had to wait for the novelty for more than two months.
On March 11, 2021, partypoker launched Hot Tables with prizes up to 500bb for players who won a random pot.
What are the features of this promotion?
- During the testing stage, which is tentatively scheduled to run until March 21, bonuses are only available at $0,05/$0,01 to $0,5/$1 tables.
- Even after the full launch, Hot Tables won't apply to HU, Club Games, or private tables.
- At least 3 players must participate in the hand.
- The bonus amount is known only after the hand is completed. In the beginning, only the range within which the payout is possible is shown.
- The mechanics are not yet disclosed — probabilities and how the prize pool is funded.
- Bonuses range from 1bb to 500bb; as usual, the larger the prize, the less often it appears at the tables.
|Stake||Minimum prize||Maximum prize|
Cash Games Leaderboards Cancellation
Clearly, cash drops are bonuses designed to attract and retain casual players at the tables. Colette Stewart, Community Manager at partypoker, confirmed it. Unfortunately for the regulars, the launch of Hot Tables was linked to the cancellation of Cash Games Leaderboards.
"Cash Game Leaderboards rewards only a small fraction of the player pool. Hot Tables should attract more recreational players, which is good for everyone overall as they will create a healthier ecology."
Now the best cash grinders at partypoker will lose a good fraction of their rakeback. The likelihood that they will introduce another promotion for them in the future is zero. The poker room management decided to fight seriously against the dominance of "rakeback machines," especially in fast-fold poker.
How do Hot Tables work?
Due to the considerable age of the partypoker engine, it was not possible to implement Hot Tables graphically.
When a particular table is "Hot," it gets tagged with an icon in the upper left corner — the theme changes and an animation of falling coins is triggered; the players see a message at the center of the table.
After the hand is completed, a counter appears on the table, which randomly determines the exact amount of the bonus.
After a few minutes of playing, we managed to catch a Hot Table in one of the two fastforward games we had open during our tests. We noticed it noticeably slow down the game's speed.
Hot Tables and the cancelation of Cash Games Leaderboards is partypoker's second major move, after the ban on HUD, towards balancing the level field. It should have a positive effect on the overall ecosystem.
Advantages of our affiliate service:
- VIP rakeback deals
- Professional support seven days a week.
Reach our team to find out more information:
E-mail: [email protected]
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news.