Major poker news October 2018
During September, big tournament series like Powerfest and the WCOOP were held; in October the series are a little smaller but not less interesting:
- From October 1 to 14, the Glory Series will take place in TonyBest; 42 tournaments for 100-200 players with a total guarantee of more than €60,000 and a €3,000 leaderboard.
- From October 3 to 14, Winning Poker Network will host the Online Super Series XIV, 82 tournaments with $3,500,000 in prizes, including 12 Short Deck Hold'em tournaments. The two biggest tournaments will be $160 and $530 with $20,000 GTD in prizes. The main OSS tournament will take place again on October 7 on the network with $1,000,000 GTD — the Million Dollar Sunday Encore. Some overlays could be expected in this tournament series.
- The GG Network will host the Golden Dragon Tournament Series from October 1 to 7. Our Chinese partners will offer 17 tournaments with buy-ins starting at $31 up to $161 and guarantees from $6,800 up to $36,000, all in CNY in the rooms.
- At the end of the month, starting October 28, PartyPoker will be home of the Monster Series, a 169 tournament series with buy-ins from $1.10 to $55 and a total guarantee of $2.5MUSD.
- The last MTT to be mentioned in the main tournament of the Chico Poker Network — $100,000 GTD for $109 and it will be played during the first days of October.
October promotions for cash games players
- "The Chase" in RedKings from October 1 to 24; get 10% of extra rakeback up to $4,500 at the end of the promotion.
- 100% reload bonus in TonyBet up to €1,000 (using the code "ChaseGlory2018"); two months for wagering and 25% of additional value.
- Reload bonus in the WPN Network, already going on until October 2. 50% up to $300, code "RELOAD", 30 days to complete the bonus and almost 23% of extra rakeback.
$100,000 Hold'em Chase at Good Game Network
All hands played in October in regular tables will earn points according to the following scheme:
The prize will be divided into 341 increments that will be paid every time the players score a certain amount of points:
- 350,000 points - 250 bonuses of $100;
- 1.2 million points - 75 bonuses of $400;
- 5 million points - 15 bonuses of $2,500;
- 11 million points - 1 bonus of $7,500.
Also, starting October 1 the GG Network is launching several features for its players. The biggest one is the special Smart HUD at the tables; the other two are related to software client innovations:
- Finally, synchronous MTT breaks in MTT will be introduced;
- You will be able to auto-login into the client (currently it is necessary to tip the password every time)
"Big Game" rake race in Pokerdom
From October 1 to 24, Pokerdom will host the biggest rake race in the history of the poker room, with a total prize pool of 5,000,000₽ (about $77,000).
It will be divided into 4 leagues by poker discipline:
- Hold'em - 1, 350,000₽;
- Omaha - 1,350,000₽;
- Chinese poker - 55,000₽;
- Exotic - 250,000₽.
The first three leagues will be also divided into three more divisions each one, by stakes. The points will be credited 1 point for every 1 ruble paid in rake (1 PlayPoint).
All race participants of the race will receive lottery tickets for every 2,500 points and will take part of 655 prizes for a total of 1,500,000₽.
Unfortunately, also starting October 1, Pokerdom will include a 3% cashout fee regardless of the payment system and will cancel the 20% rake wagering requirement of deposits before withdrawals. It is clear from this new scheme that it will affect the players' profits.
Also, more sad news from PartyPoker
PartyPoker cancels the first deposit bonus
The poker room will no longer have the classic first deposit bonus of %100 up to $500. All players registered after October 1 will receive only 4 tickets for $5.5 satellites for their first deposit. All players who created an account in PartyPoker before October 1 but have not yet made their first deposit, will still be able to get the 100% bonus up to $500.