MTT on GG Good Game Network
When the GG network surfaced from the Asian market to the European one, had a very limited MTT grid. Only small tournaments with GTD prizes up to $3,000 and buy-ins up to $55 were played, and the Sunday main tournament had a $10kUSD GTD with a $250 buy-in. Knowing this, it is clear that the network has made a great effort as today over a hundred different tournaments are held at the GG rooms every day, and several millionaire tournament series are constantly announced:
- Blade: Hold'em and Omaha high-roller tournaments with $8,000,000 in GTD prizes. 9 daily events and 14 Sunday tournaments are scheduled with buy-ins ranging from $200 up to $10,000. In the lobby, the Blade tournaments can be identified in a silver panel with stars;
- Daily Guarantees: daily tournaments divided into 4 categories according to the blind structure: Red Series (hyper turbo), Blue Series (turbo), Green Series (standard), Yellow Series (slow). In the client, each category is identified with the corresponding color. The highest buy-in is $120 and the GTD prizes up to $3,000. Also, Daily Main Events are scheduled among the Daily Guarantees, with buy-ins from $22 up to $88 and GTD prizes from $3,000 to $20,000. In the tournament lobby, the Daily Guarantees stand out on a golden panel with stars;
- Bounty Hunters;
- T$ Builder: The prizes of these events are paid with tournament dollars;
- Omaholic: 16 daily PLO tournaments with buy-ins up to $22 and GTD prizes from $50 to $400;
- Phoenix Rebuy: a GG particular format for tournaments; players can make additional purchases of three types:
- 1x until the end of late registration (80 minutes)
- 3x after late registration and until the end of the rebuy period
- 6x as an addon
- MBP (Macau Billionaire Poker): the "most Chinese" format of tournaments on GG. The buy-ins and guaranteed prizes are both in Chinese Renminbi RMB (CNY).
Most of the regular tournaments on GG network have satellites.
By the end of the year before, the first tournament series — Good Game Series (GS) — was announced with a total GTD prize of $3,500,000 and 129 events.
Despite the traffic increase on the network, often the tournaments don't fulfill the guaranteed prizes, therefore, these are played with overlays. The largest overlay we ever found was over 20% (following image).
Also, GG is one of the few modern poker networks where an MTT leaderboard is held every month: $100,000 are awarded into the TOP-100 players.
MTT at J88 Poker
J88 Poker is a small poker room from Hong Kong; it has been operating only for a year and a half, but already has an interesting tournament grid which can draw the attention of MTT players (events with up to 100 participants) due to an extremely soft field. About two dozen tournaments are scheduled daily, being the largest ones the Red Series and Micro Madness.
- Red Series: the most expensive Hold'em tournaments with buy-in from ₵1,100-₵8,800 (₵100=$1) and GTD prizes up to ₵800,000. Every day two events are held.
- Micro Madness: the low stakes series with buy-ins up to ₵500 and guaranteed prizes up to ₵30,000.
The J88 Poker tournament grid is composed not only by NLH tournaments but also Omaha, 6+ Hold'em and Golden Dragon Hold'em, which are played every day. The largest one is the Short-Deck Red Hot ₵88,000 GTD for ₵1,100. The main tournament is played the last Sunday of each month — Burning Red Monster with ₵2,000,000 GTD and buy-in of ₵8,800.
The J88 Poker tour is a live poker series sponsored by the poker room. The next stop will be on March 29 in Taipei.
Multi-table tournaments at Red Dragon Poker and PokerClans
The Chinese poker applications didn't stay behind the classic poker rooms, and recently an MTT development occurred. In the beginning, only PPPoker offered at least 1-2 Sunday tournaments per club, but now there are two Asian applications with a tournament lobby and a full MTT grid.
PokerClans is a unique Chinese application because it is the only one that offers MTT action. More than a dozen events are played daily in the app. The number of participants is 500-1,000 on average, and the buy-ins range from 10 to 500 CNY (almost $72).
About 10 tournaments are played at Red Dragon Poker daily, but the number of participants is a little less compared to PokerClans. The buy-ins start from $3 up to $33.
A common feature to almost all MTTs at Chinese poker rooms is the remarkably weak field and that the structure almost always allows re-buys and re-entries. Usually, the rake is 10% and there still are some events with overlays.
This year we will see an evolution in the MTT action at all Chinese poker rooms, which are of course great news for professional players looking for softer fields to play.
|Deposit bonus||до $600|
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news