Daniel Negreanu booked his first winning online session in the challenge
On November 11, 2020, Daniel Negreanu and Doug Polk played the fourth session of their heads-up match. After 366, the Canadian pro was able to recover $87,166 from Doug Polk and now is down for $180,865 (452 big blinds).
At one moment in the session, Daniel was losing more than one hundred dollars, but he managed to recover during the last 30 minutes until the last hand when Doug stacked him with a flush.
After 1,372 hands of the Doug Polk vs. Daniel Negreanu Challenge, Doug leads with $180,865.
A battle for the viewers
The match is also a battle for the viewers: Daniel and Doug had each about 9k spectators on their channels. The famous player Joey Ingram shared a picture with Polk and suggested that he might start commenting on the match.
High Stakes Feud streams with Kevin Martin as a host and Upswing Poker invited Ryan Fee and Shaun Deeb.
- Daniel called a 3-bet from Polk. The board was 8KQ89, and both players checked on the river; Doug won $32k with KT, and Daniel mucked his cards.
- After a preflop raise, Daniel called a pot-sized bet on a 964 flop. On the river (7), Doug fired a 70% bet and called a raise from Negreanu, who showed a lucky straight with 8T.
- Both players went all-in preflop, creating a $94k pot with JJ (Doug) vs. KK (Negreanu). The board 53636 gave all the chips to Daniel.
- Each player was seated with over 100 big blinds (Doug with 382 and Daniel with 165). A massive 4-bet preflop from Polk created a $25k pot. The flop was A84, Daniel checked, and Doug fired $5k more. Negreanu called and both saw an ace On the turn. Another check-call from Daniel. On the river (4), Doug bluffed all-in and Negreanu snap-called with AQ and won a $130k pot.
- The very last hand of the session was a 4-bet pot ($20k since the flop). Both players went all-in after seeing a 652 board. Doug had TT against Daniel's JJ, but two lucky hearts in turn and river gave the first a flush.
Doug acknowledged that he was lucky to lose only 2 buy-ins instead of 4 thanks to a river card in the last hand of the day. On the other hand, Daniel said that it was nice to book a win.
Video of the third session of the Doug Polk vs. Daniel Negreanu challenge:
The next session will be played on Friday at 2:30 pm PST.
For those interested in playing high stakes poker online, we recommend checking out GGPoker:
- Private rake chase;
- VIP customer service.
Contact us to get an exclusive deal and start playing now:
Email: [email protected]
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news