Late registration time: Apple of discord
Year after year, the online poker rooms shocked the market by announcing major guaranteed prize pools in tournament series. But there is a small catch: massive late registration time. One of the strategies to boost the guaranteed prize pools of MTT events is to extend the late registration time as much as possible, which opens the doors waves of abuse.
PokerStars is organizing an event with 24 hours late reg (Sunday Million 14th anniversary, $215 buy-in, $12,5M GTD)). That structure has aroused many comments, mainly criticizing the fact that players can join day two via late registration and not with the usual multi-day structure.
The discussion started a few days ago during a Nagy's stream on Twitch, where questions such as why the late reg time has increased that much were addressed. Today Nagy shared via his Twitter account a proposal to modify the current late structure of MTT events:
- Minimum Late Registration Time: late reg will end the guaranteed prize pool is met;
- Maximum Late Registration Time: late reg will end at the proposed level.
When the tournament reaches the guaranteed prize pool, players will be notified and hand-for-hand play will mark the end of late registration time.
According to WPN, this new structure will bring many benefits to the online poker industry:
- Removes abuse of poker sites and players: players won't be able to hunt overlaid tournaments and register at the last minute, and poker sites won't be able to promote massive guaranteed prize pools tournaments with poor structures;
- Tournaments will be shorter and have better blind structures;
- There will be more players when the tournament starts.
While the details of this new structure are fine-tuned, you can start playing and boost your rakeback with our top deals:
E-mail: [email protected]
|Rakeback||up to 90%|
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news.