Antonis Karis: Rogue agent
Today we are adding two poker agents to our blacklist:
- Antonis Karis
- His agent: Dimitris
- Planet Poker Club, ID 196631
- Lexus Poker Club, ID 200401
- Ritz Club, ID 208077
- JE Dynasty, ID 89940
Long story short, Dimitris offered us a deal at different clubs, and after only two weeks of work, they accused us of being cheaters and seized $4,990. Dimitris connected us to the club owner, Antonis Karis, who called us scammers and disappeared for several weeks. No single piece of evidence was provided. We highlight that Antonis Karis took this decision unilaterally and not the union, which is the standard procedure.
We encourage all poker rooms and agents to work hard towards having a safe environment to play, and we cooperate directly with several security teams: all blocked accounts with seized money are followed by an investigation in which more details are revealed.
We also recommend the poker community to be extremely cautious with George Skarparis, another Greek poker agent who seems to be closely related to Antonis, as he promotes the same clubs with unusual conditions for regular agents.
What about our players?
Our deposit guarantee covered our players, so this portion of their bankrolls is safe. However, scammers ran away without reason stealing $4,990. They have played with us for a long-time at several sites and clubs, and we have received not a single complaint.
Worldpokerdeals offers its players different kinds of money guarantees (full bankroll, deposit), and our team confirms all the details before sending any money. Although players understand the risks of playing at those sites, being scammed for no reason is out of the question.
We are unfortunately forced to reveal some of the conversations with Antonis Karis and his team. Their lack of business strikes the eye.
- Antonis Karis reached us on March 30, 2021, alleging our players were bots and calling a standard procedure to confiscate chips by himself.
- Antonis failed to provide any evidence of any player breaking the rules. All poker agents know that unions send official warnings and reports when such cases are detected.
- Antonis remained silent for over a month until yesterday, May 13, 2021, when he asked us to delete this complaint, denied his responsibility, and bragged about his supposed big team of agents. He also threatened us with his "lawyers." Classic cheater handbook.
- If the situation gets fixed in friendly terms, we will consider the problem solved and delete it from the Internet. However, according to the latest developments, Antonis and his team are unwilling to honor their word.
What is most disgusting is that Antonis Karis tried to bribe us by offering a better rakeback deal on his clubs, in exchange of writing an article ignoring his unprofesionalism.
May 2021 update
We posted this article in April 2021 only to warn the community about poker apps scammers. Antonis, George, and Dimitris approached us one by one complaining about their well-deserved scammers' status, asking to delete our complaint after pointing out each other. However, they refused to fulfill their obligations in advance, leaving us no other choice to keep spreading the word about their rogue business.
Beware of Planet Poker Club (196631), Lexus Poker Club (200401), Ritz Club (208077), JE Dynasty (89940), Antonis Karis, and his agent Dimitris
Club-based poker apps are the "one more thing" in the poker industry. Unfortunately, such a boom came with scammers like Antonis Karis and his team.
We warn all players, agents, and affiliates to avoid any business with Antonis Karis and George Skarparis and the following clubs: Planet, Lexus, and JE Dynasty. We will inform all our colleagues and poker sites about the scam, and, as usual, we are ready to provide any evidence to a reputable party.
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news