What has changes in waiting lists?
On September 28, 2020, PokerStars rolled out a software update, after which many players began to report "problems" with waiting lists. The situation was related to low stakes up to NL10, but it spread to all games.
When trying to sign up for a waiting list, a pop-up message showed a warning message:
The button "Join / Seat me at a similar table" didn't work: players who were not playing at least one table of the same stake were removed from waiting lists.
That is, considering the table-cap of four, regs are now obligated to play at least 25% of their games at random tables.
What is an active waiting list?
Yesterday PokerStars described the changes in a blog post. The active waiting list feature's primary goal is to "combat predatory behavior and level the playing field." It has the following features:
- To be able to join the waiting list, you must actively play at another table of the same stake;
- Priority for seating on a free seat will be given to those players from the list who have currently played the more hands at other tables. The principle "first come - first served" was removed;
- If a player leaves the game, he is automatically removed from all waiting lists.
PokerStars is aware that such a measure will cause dissatisfaction among players that consciously select their tables, but they are confident that they have taken a step forward towards increasing the game fairness and improve the overall poker ecosystem.
Changes in the rules of the room
PokerStars also made several additions to their Terms and Conditions. We highlight some points:
- The room will request all necessary documents "from time to time." In other words, a single identity check may not be enough;
- If a win is credited by mistake, the site has the right to cancel transactions, freeze the account, and if the player managed to withdraw from this money, then this amount will be considered a debt;
- For abusing errors and hide information about them, PokerStars reserves the right to bring the player to justice;
- The room reserves the right to charge a commission for accounts with a balance that has been inactive for 30 months.
We consider these terms predatory, and if you are not particularly worried about "anti-reg" measures, we invite you to take advantage of our affiliate services at GGPoker:
- Private promotions and tournament tickets on our Telegram channel;
- Exclusive rake chase;
- Professional support on all issues seven days a week.
Contact us to get a deal and start playing now:
Email: [email protected]
|Rakeback||up to 100%|
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news