Better than 2020?
In 2021, PokerStars celebrates its 20th anniversary, so the poker room could not miss the chance to hold a special edition of its flagship series. On this occasion, it was even estimated that the upcoming World Championship should break the mark of a billion dollars in prizes since 2002.
The largest World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) in history with 100 million guaranteed across 306 scheduled events will be from August 22 to September 15.
It will remain unchanged:
- Events will be divided into three buy-in levels.
- There will be many events (about a third) on exotic poker formats, most of which cannot be played anywhere else (HORSE, 8-Game, Tripled Draw, 6+, Stud, Razz, Badugi, Omaha)
- Friday is a day off with only three tournaments.
Compared to last year, $20 million were added to the prize pool, 81 tournaments to the schedule, and the minimum buy-in was reduced to $5.5. Also, 62 MTT are planned with buy-ins from $5.5 to $11.
Main Events and schedule
There will be again six main events: three each in Hold'em and Omaha. Changes in guarantees affected four of them (the prize was reduced in two PLO tournaments).
- 91-L: $55 NLHE [8-Max, NLHE Main Event], $1.5M GTD
- 91-M: $530 NLHE [8-Max, NLHE Main Event] $2.5M GTD
- 91-H: $5,200 NLHE [8-Max, NLHE Main Event], $10M GTD
- 92-L: $109 PLO [6-Max, PLO Main Event] $275K GTD
- 92-M: $1,050 PLO [6-Max, PLO Main Event] $750K GTD
- 92-H: $10,300 PLO [6-Max, PLO Main Event] $1M GTD
All such tournaments will kick off on September 16, when the competitors' series, WSOP Online and WPT World Online, are coming to an end. You can get into the $5,200 ME through special WCOOP Fast Track step-satellites, with entries of $1, $11, $109, and $1,050.
The full schedule of the WCOOP 2021 is available here.
Leaderboard and other promos
Besides a massive schedule, PokerStars has prepared several extra bonuses for their players during the series.
The most famous of them — WCOOP Player of the Series Leaderboard; $100,000 will be awarded across four ratings (one general and three for different buy-in levels). The main intrigue associated with this promo is whether we will witness the spring SCOOP battle between Rinat "ZapahZamazki" Lyapin and Patrick "pads1161" Leonard for the victory again.
- $750,000 WCOOP Ticket Machine — daily lottery drawing tickets among all participants of the series
- $50,000 WCOOP Champions Invitational Freeroll — with a prize pool of 10 tickets for the Main Event, to be held on September 22. Last year's winners of such tournaments will get tickets.
- Special Spin&Go with buy-ins of $4 and $22:
|Probabilities (1 M games)|
|$5,200 WCOOP Main Event ticket||25||1.000|
WCOOP Special Affiliates Freeroll
If you create your PokerStars account with us, you will have access to a special affiliates freeroll to be played on September 10, 2020:
- To get a ticket, you must be registered under one of the associated affiliates (including Worldpokerdeals) and deposit at least $10 until September 9
- The prize pool will be 32 tickets for WCOOP 91-L: $55 NLHE [8-Max, NLHE Main Event], $1.5M GTD, to be played on September 12
- Tickets will be credited automatically every Friday.
The coming weeks will show how trending this festival will be. Before it started, PokerStars outperformed GGNetwork in terms of the number of cash players, but the Red Spade is still inferior to its main competitor in MTTs.
Benefits of our affiliate service:
Private promotions and tournament tickets in our Telegram channel;
Professional support on all issues seven days a week.
Contact us to get a deal and start playing now:
Email: [email protected]
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news