In the past days, Skrill made an expectation campaign using its social networks:
This announcement is well-received both in the cryptocurrency and the gaming community as it directly allows poker players to upload funds and make investments in cryptocurrencies using their Skrill balance.
Currently, the supported cryptocurrencies are:
- Bitcoin Cash
Skrill will be using the popular crypto-exchange BitPay to process the transactions.
How to exchange USD to BTC and other cryptocurrencies using Skrill?
1. Login into your Skrill account; at the left panel you will see a new option named "Exchange" (or "Cambio" in Spanish):
2. You will see a form with the current exchange rate:
3. The confirmation window will show the commission and how much BTC you will receive for the transaction.
How to make a deposit to your Skrill account using BTC?
1. Login to your Skrill account and click on "Deposit"
2. Enter the transaction details and click on "BitPay" button at the bottom. A 1% fee will be charged to the transaction.
Current conditions for exchanging cryptocurrencies in Skrill are:
- Limits for exchanging cryptos will be applied to each account separately according to the current balance of Skrill account.
- Commission for exchanging USD to BTC: 1,5%
- Commission for making a deposit to Skrill using BTC: 1%
- All cryptocurrencies transactions have a "No-Cancellation" policy.
- Skrill posted a Skrill Risk Statement that must be accepted for all users using the exchange service. This statement just mentions information we all know:
- Cryptocurrencies are not regulated
- Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile (in the past 30 days, the Bitcoin price went down to 5,6kUSD and right now is 8200USD)
- The legal situation of cryptos is constantly evolving
- You cannot transfer any interest in cryptocurrencies held outside of a Skrill Account or any other account (this is just an investment)
- The Supported Cryptocurrencies (and the fiat currency used to buy/sell them) are held in custody by a third party.
Skrill will be initially launching this service in the following countries, and it's expected to be launched soon in other markets
Australia, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the UK.
Still, don't have a Skrill account? Use our Skrill VIP program to create a new account and increase your EV playing online poker and exchanging cryptocurrencies.
Juan, Worldpokerdeals team