Tonybet Poker history
Tonybet Poker was established in December 2013 as a division of the bookmaker with the same name. Famous Lithuanian player Tony G was the founder of the company.
Initially, the site specialized only in Chinese Poker (OFC), but in 2015 they launched Hold'em and Omaha. Tonybet Poker remained as a small European room with features that set it apart from other sites:
- Unique software developed by TGLab;
- An unusual rakeback program (the percentage depends on the winrate).
On September 8, 2016, Tonybet was absorbed by the Swedish holding Betsson.
Why is Tonybet Poker closing?
Most likely, the reason for the closure of Tonybet Poker is that its parent company, Betsson, needs to optimize its portfolio.
Despite all the efforts of the poker room team to boost its popularity (even the Tonybet Network was created), the number of games never increased. At best, the total number of connections could reach 500, and by the summer of 2020, had been cut in half.
So, probably Betsson decided to focus Tonybet on its main product since 2009 — sports betting, and not wasting resources on online poker, which, as we know, in all gaming holding provides the latest revenue with a high level of expending.
Tonybet Poker alternatives
We can offer several options for Tonybet Poker players:
- GGPoker: flagship skin of the world's largest poker network;
- PPPoker: leading poker app with clubs from all over the world, soft games, and up to 50% rakeback;
- Vbet Poker: BetConstruct network skin, games in euros like Tonybet with a small soft field. A good option for low-stakes grinders. Up to 50% rakeback;
- Intertops Poker: small American site of the Horizon Poker Network with games up to NL200 and about 300 connections during peak time. Fixed 36% rakeback deal.
Contact our team to find out more information:
Email: [email protected]
|Rakeback||up to 50%|
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news