Beta test of the new feature
The US-friendly Winning Poker Network has added the "Staking" feature to its software.
But the staking lobby will function in "Beta" mode for a while. Right after the update, a message has appeared on the network's forum:
How to buy and sell shares?
Although the players will have to wait for a little to add at least a few MTTs, where they can try out a new feature, a lot is already known about how it would work.
- Click the yellow button in the lower right corner of the poker client main lobby (or within any tournament's lobby).
- When you choose any tournament from the list, the right section displays the participants selling shares. Any of them can be added to your "favorite" list by highlighting the star sign near the alias. There are two fields below the sellers' list:
- "Staking Percentage" to enter the size of the desired share (at least 1% of the buy-in amount);
- "Player Notes" to add any notes if needed.
Also, there are three tabs under the tournament list, which show:
- the list of players you are staking;
- your own staking offers;
- the list of your favorite players.
Sale of shares
- Register for the tournament and click the "Sell action" button located in the lobby.
- Enter the required information: selling percentage (no more than 90% of the buy-in amount), markup, and the number of entries to the tournament that you are going to use. Click the "Offer Staking" button.
Any staking offers are closed 5 minutes before the start of the tournament. If a player sets markup of more than 1.5, he gives automatic consent to disclose his real name to the stakers.
It is not yet clear if the staking history would be saved and how it could be accessed.
Updated tournament lobby
- Now there's a late registration timer in the first column of the lobby.
- The "State" column, which previously indicated the status of the tournament (announced, registering, late reg.), was removed, together with the "Level" column (indicated the current blind level).
- "Enrolled" and "Date and Time" columns were renamed into "Players" and "Start," respectively.
- Players can adjust the appearance of tournament names (6 font types and 3 sizes are available) and font color for the "Start" column via the "Lobby" section of the "Settings" menu.
As a result, the lobby has become more informative and appealing.
New bet-sizing settings
After activating the "Use Big Blinds" checkbox ("Bet-Sizing" section of the "Settings" menu), a scale of adjustable sizes for the pre-flop raised pot appears.
Still, the sizings set is quite limited: minimum, all-in, 3 BB, 4 BB, 5 BB. Developers have already been asked on the network's forum to add more sizings, like "50% of the pot", but they have not implemented them yet. The same goes for user-defined sizings.
Million Dollar Sunday
After almost a three-year break, WPN has decided to return its own version of the "Sunday Million." In 2019, the weekly MDS tournaments were replaced by monthly The Venom events due to constant overlays. These Venom tournaments have grown into even larger but much rarer events later.
However, this time Million Dollar Sunday has a unique structure of flights. The developers primarily focus on casual players, who are not prepared to play for 10 hours in a row. It is crucial for local deep stack tournaments with up to 5 hours late registration period.
The final flight of the $215 Million Dollar Sunday $1M GTD starts at 22:05 BST every Sunday.
There are 27 flights during the week (at 14:45, 18:30, 22:00, and 01:00 BST). Each of them has the following structure:
- Running time: 4 hours.
- Late registration period: 2 hours.
- Starting stack: 100,000 chips (100BB).
- Blind levels: 10 minutes (up to level 13) and 12 minutes (after level 13).
The final day starts from level 23 (15 minutes blind levels). You can qualify for the tournament through $11 and $22 satellites, guaranteeing 2 to 10 tickets. The steps are also available, with buy-ins starting from $0.45.
Time will show the viability of this decision. Only PokerStars and the GGNetwork can afford $1M GTD Sunday tournaments, and WPN is way behind them in terms of traffic. It seems like MDS is destined to become a "factory" of overlays sooner or later.
Benefits of our affiliate service:
- VIP rakeback deal;
- Hand histories.
Contact us to get an exclusive deal and start playing now:
Email: [email protected]
|Rakeback||up to 90%|
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news