While PokerStars and GGNetwork compete for the first position in the international online poker rankings, an equally intriguing scenario has formed in the Pokerscout rating in the second half of the TOP-10.
Three well-known brands focussing on European poker players have comparable cash traffic indications (approximately 1,500-1,600 connections per day on average and 800-850 connections per week): iPoker, partypoker, and 888Poker.
The current scenario is particularly noteworthy because these sites and the whole online poker industry are currently experiencing a summer recession in traffic. That means that the traffic indications are unlikely to get lower than they are right now throughout the remainder of 2021. Of course, this is assuming that no unexpected events occur.
As a result, we have chosen to analyze traffic in its current state and examine its distribution by types of poker and time (European timezone).
We took the data of the rooms on a weekday evening from 6 pm to midnight as a template. According to the most popular format, the following data was obtained:
- During the evening, the number of tables increases at most stakes.
- The maximum stakes across all rooms with an appropriate number of tables is NL200$. Multilobbying is essential for a more expensive game.
- In terms of playing at regular tables up to and including the NL50, iPoker is well ahead of other competitors, although this is primarily because fast-fold poker is yet to be introduced in its skins. Objectively, at these stakes, all three sites have a reasonable range of tables, and the players will choose one of them by other criteria (rakeback, software, availability).
- 888Poker lags at NL100$ — 200$, especially in the late hours. It is the third room in terms of the overall number of 6-max tables. Although there is no longer such a gap with competitors at the lowest stakes, it is worth noting that only this room includes full-ring games at six stakes up to NL100$ with 5-11 tables at each level.
This format is only available in partypoker and 888Poker. It has only one stake on the iPoker network - NL20 $, and the number of connections during the whole evening does not exceed 40 and drops during the day
Partypoker and 888poker have the following numbers of connections:
- After 9 p.m., the number of games either decreases (partypoker) or marginally increases (888Poker).
- 888Poker stands out for its activity at the lowest stakes (particularly NL5$) late at night, confirming the room's reputation as a heaven for newbies and amateurs. Although there may be sparks of action between NL200$ and NL1K$.
- Even after the regular races were removed, partypoker loses only to PokerStars and GGNetwork in terms of fast-fold poker traffic. In this matter, the closest rivals lag behind, especially when PLO fastforward is taken into account. Furthermore, only this room out of the three analyzed in this article has consistent traffic at NL100$ (with 44 connections during the evening) and even some games at NL500$.
Omaha cash games are not the most popular among all three poker rooms:
|PLO25||7||5||8||3 (48)||3||6||5 (59)||3|
|PLO200||1||1 (35)||1||5||1 (38)||7||2|
*The number of connections at the same stake in the fast-fold poker format is indicated in brackets.
- Late at night, iPoker from PLO5$ to PLO200$ has a roughly equal number of tables at each of the six stakes — from 3-4 to 7-8. Hence this site is ahead of the competition in regular Omaha.
- Partypoker distinguishes itself in PLO traffic due to its fast-fold poker at two stake levels: $0.12/$0.25 and $1/$2. Almost all regular tables are played here at PLO5$ - PLO50$; however, there are usually no more than 5-6 games per stake.
- 888poker shows a steady Omaha traffic only at the two lowest stakes.
Despite having roughly the same amount of tables, each of the three poker sites has its own traffic structure:
- iPoker skins are best suited for games at regular tables with HUD and good rakeback at stakes of up to and including NL200$.
- Partypoker is mainly a room for fast-fold poker fans of at stakes ranging from NL100$ to NL200$, including Omaha at PLO25$ and PLO200$. There are several regular tables available in the evening up to $200.
- 888Poker has once again confirmed its title as a room for low-stake players with a good amount of Hold'em at the regular tables and Snap up to NL50$.
We will watch how these sites' traffic increases with the start of the seasonal surge in the coming months and which of them manages to triumph in the Pokerscout ranks.
Advantages of our affiliate service:
- Professional support regarding all the questions seven days a week
- Private promotions and tournament tickets in our Telegram channel
Benefits of our affiliate service:
Private promotions and tournament tickets in our Telegram channel;
Professional support on all issues seven days a week.
Contact us to get a deal and start playing now:
Email: [email protected]
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news