A new achievement in Martins’ career
Yesterday Rob Yong’s poker room announced the first significant addition to their team this year:
Yuri «theNERDguy» Martins Dzivielevski from Brazil has become the 8th partypoker ambassador.
According to his online achievements, Yuri can be regarded as the best of partypoker’s current Pros. For example, Bodyakovskiy has won more money, but in live events. Here are some examples of the Brazilian’s online successes:
- Total winnings: $14,091,206 (16th in the world rankings and best in Brazil).
- World Series Bracelet won in GGNetwork’s PLOSSUS (Event #42).
- Top-1 in Pocketfives ratings this year.
- Won 3 WCOOP titles in two weeks (2020).
- In 2021 placed 2nd in The Venom $8M GTD ($849,150), won MILLIONS Online High Roller event at partypoker and a bracelet in WSOPC #14: $800 Fifty Stack (GGNetwork).
His live winnings are not so huge, but still, he won the Mixed Games Event bracelet and placed 28th in the Main Event at WSOP 2019.
Yuri has posted a short video on his Twitter after joining partypoker:
Team partypoker in 2021
Such a renewal is twice as interesting, considering all the events that happened previously this year. Four famous players have left the Team before Dzivielevski’s arrival:
- Anatoly Filatov (7 players have lost «Sponsored Pro» status at partypoker before him).
- Dzmitry Urbanovich – the only Pro player who streamed his low-stakes poker games online.
- Kristen Bicknell – multiple winner of women’s GPI rating and the most known girl of the Team.
- Jason Koon – American player who represented partypoker at high roller offline events together with Bodyakovskiy. He has achieved over $30M live winnings during his career.
Of course, all that could be done to optimize the expenses required to keep partypoker among the industry leaders. But «theNERDguy»’s contract definitely won’t be cheap, so let’s try to find the other reasons for such changes at Team partypoker.
Why does partypoker need the Brazilian?
We’d like to remind you that Joao Simao, Yuri’s compatriot, also has a contract with the room. He is not short on his online MTT winnings either: for example, Simao has won The Venom at the end of 2019, which brought him over $1M at once.
Noticeable fact: PokerStars is also very interested in ambassadors from this region. They have already brought Neymar Jr back while having a contract with Andre Akkari and his Furia eSports team. Argentinian rap singer Papo MC (in mid-August) and another regular online poker player from Brazil, Rafael Moraes (a couple of days ago), have also become new ambassadors.
Along with competitors, partypoker is also trying to get the biggest possible share of the rapidly developing LatAm poker market.
As we have recently noticed, it reflected even on the schedule of their latest «Boosted Hours» promo. But it still remains to be seen how this strategy correlates with Entain’s plans to leave all unregulated markets before 2023. Officially, Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico are still far away from proper regulation of online poker.
As of now, it seems like partypoker players from the other regions will only benefit from the proceedings: the traffic should increase, as more hot-blooded southern opponents would arrive at the tables.
Benefits of our affiliate service:
- VIP rakeback deal;
- Free layout for multitabling;
- Support seven days a week.
Reach our manager to get more detailed information:
Email: [email protected]
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+ news