What is Pineapple?
PokerBros has already launched several formats this year: Fixed Limit games, Spins, AoF tournaments, and Double Board Omaha. Now they have decided to please players from live games by adding more variants from brick and mortar casinos.
Pineapple and Crazy Pineapple tables can be created at PokerBros clubs at stakes from $0.05/$0.1 to $3/$6.
In the lobby, such tables can be found along with NLH tables, tagged with pineapple-shaped badges with the letters "P" and "C," respectively.
The rules of the game are straightforward:
- 3 cards are dealt preflop
- In regular Pineapple, the player must discard one of them immediately; in Crazy Pineapple, this can be done only after a betting round in the flop.
- A "Discard" button has been added to the table.
- If the player didn't choose a card to discard, the client will automatically do it after the timebank expires.
All other, it's still the same good old 6-max No-Limit Texas Hold'em.
So far, during peak hours (American prime time), no more than a dozen tables are played across several clubs.
Where else can you play this format?
Although we wrote above that Pineapple comes from American casinos (do not confuse it with the eponymous Chinese Poker variant), and in Europe, it was played only once—during the Platinum Pass draw at the EPT Barcelona 2019— since October 2020, it can be played under a different name: 3-1 Hold'em at PPPoker. Only in three clubs during the evening we found the following number of active tables in this format:
That is, unlike PokerBros, there are almost no games from NL100, but the number of tables is noticeably larger, which is, of course, understandable: PPPoker launched such tables 10 months ago.
What are the advantages of Pineapple and 3-1 Hold'em?
Poker regulars with a creative strategy at the tables will get higher profits. This is especially true for Omaha players (playing with 3 cards is almost regular PLO).
What is so attractive about this format?
- There will be more fans at the tables, tired of traditional games
- The guarantee of the absence of players trying to get an unfair advantage through prohibited software — it does not exist for this poker format, as well as advanced strategy.
Hence, any player able to adapt to this format will find it profitable, especially after getting a unique rakeback deal and other "goodies" from WPD.
Benefits of our affiliate service:
- Top rakeback deal.
- Free chips transfer between clubs;
- Multilingual support seven days a week;
- Money guarantees
- Discount in HUD and hand converter;
Contact our team to get more details about our PokerBros rakeback deal:
Email: [email protected]
Stay tuned on our Telegram channel for more EV+