- UK legal skin
- World's largest poker room
- Millionaire monthly promotions
- Action across all stakes and games
- WSOP Online partner
- Unmatchable MTT grid
GG Poker UK review
GGPoker UK is the United Kingdom-facing branch of the world's largest poker network: GGNetwork. NSUS Limited got a Gambling Commission license (Remote 047768-R-326808-009) for a casino in 2017 and a gambling software one in 2019, setting its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland.
Perhaps the only visual difference between the website and the software is the footer that now shows links to verify the UKGC license and the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) and the Union Jack right beside the GGPoker logo.
In terms of traffic, software, and promotions, GGPoker Global and GGPoker UK are the same; however, there are crucial differences in the cashier that we will highlight in this review:
- Why does GG Poker launch a UK branch?
- Do British poker players play in the global pool?
- Is GGPoker UK regulated?
- What are the limits for deposits and withdrawals?
Bonuses, promotions and rakeback
After registering with Worldpokerdeals, you will get a unique welcome package:
- $100 in rewards or matched deposit bonus up to £500. We recommend the second option to high-volume players.
- Welcome Freerolls for depositing at least £10 during the week (played each Monday at 20:00 UTC)
- Honeymoon for Newcomers: 30-day mission-type promotion with up to $350 in rewards
On top of the welcome bonuses, GGPoker UK holds several regular promotions:
- Monthly giveaways with over 10 million dollars in prizes;
- Daily Freebie;
- GGCare and GGCheers (Flipout tournaments);
Grinders living in the United Kingdom pay the same rake as ROW grinders. 5% with caps up to 2bb.
Please note this poker room is one of the only ones charging preflop rake, a predatory fee taken in 3-bet pots.
In tournaments, the fee is standard (10%), and the Spin&Gold rake is 7%.
Let's recall that GGPoker UK also uses the PVI secret formula to distribute the poker rake paid. Regs and massive winner players will be "punished" with fewer rewards.
Games and traffic
The best news is that Britsh players can join the global or .COM pool. Hence, you will have access to tons of action around the clock, from the most popular NLH and Omaha to casual-magnet poker games like All-in or Fold:
- NLH 6-max from NL2 to nosebleeds;
- PLO4/PLO5 from 2 to nosebleeds;
- Fast-fold Poker (Hold'em and Omaha from $0.01/$0.02 to $1/$2;
- Short Deck Poker with an ante from $0.02 to $10;
- All-in or Fold (NLH and PLO) up to $100/$200.
- Spin&Gold from $0.25 to $200, $2,000,000 maximum prize pool;
- Battle Royale from $0.25 to $10;
- Flip & Go from $0.05 to $20;
- Massive MTT grid including millionaire tournaments every week and partnerships with WSOP.
GG Poker focuses on attracting casual players to the tables, considering the game rules (no HUD, PVI rake, graphic-overloaded software). Our customers confirm this with massive profits at the tables.
Overall we consider GG Poker a soft field for British customers, thanks to the presence of casual players from Asia and Brazil.
Attitude towards PRO players
Unfortunately, we must divide this section into two:
- GG Poker can be called unfriendly to poker regs and pros. Their idea is that professional poker players help promote the game (have a channel to stream, blogs, any kind of creative content) and follow all their rules, including banning GTO tools and bumhunting, etc.
- Nevertheless, we can call the UKGC even less friendly to regs. After registering, GGPoker UK will implement several complex rules for regs, including a monthly loss limit that might not align with your stakes (more on this later).
GGpoker UK software
GG Poker UK uses the same platform as the global version; the only difference is the licensing and Union Jack in the client. Nevertheless, we must highlight seeing the UGKC logo is a sign of trust for any room.
On a small note, the client must display Union Jack. Otherwise, it's clear that you are using the wrong client and need to visit ggpoker.co.uk to download it again.
All tables are played in American dollars (USD); hence the UK client clearly indicates the exchange rate applied.
GGNetwork features a client overload with many casual-friendly options that consumes a lot of resources (CPU, RAM):
- Bubble Protection, SnapCam;
- Staking, a popular feature to buy and sell MTT shares;
- PokerCraft, SmartHUD.
All third-party software, including poker trackers, is prohibited at GGPoker UK.
UK-based grinders can also play via the GGPoker mobile client, optimized for iOS and Android devices. All games are accessible, including Spin&Gold, MTTs, and AoF.
How to download the mobile client? Send an email to customer service, and they will reply immediately with an up-to-date link.
Reliability and trustworthiness
GGPoker UK can be trusted. They hold an active UKGC license and follow all the regulator's rules. The RNG is verified by independent companies (bmm testlabs), and a complaint procedure is in place if anything goes wrong.
If you follow the rules and manage to overcome the verification process, you won't have any problems at this site.
Deposits and withdrawals
Under this section lies the most significant differences between GG Poker UK and the ROW version. Let's highlight:
- Player to player transfers are unavailable (either between British players or ROW customers);
- Credit cards are not accepted for deposits. Only debit cards;
- PayPal is available as a deposit and withdrawal method;
- Once requested, withdrawals cannot be canceled; you can only change the payment method;
- The cashier will set a monthly deposit loss limit.
Let's talk a bit about the last point. Let's say you are an NL400 poker pro, but the room decides to set a monthly loss limit of £1500 (real-life example). Such a limit will make your game non-viable. To increase that limit, you must:
- Verify your occupation (including annual income and employer); not an easy task if you are a professional poker player
- Supply documents to evidence your income (payslip, P60, tax return, stocks). Another challenging task for a grinder
- Bank statements
- Monthly budget clarifying "how much can you spend on gambling."
Such restrictions are designed for casino players and gamblers with problems, and we fully support such initiatives when needed. However, a poker grinder may have a hard time explaining he needs a much higher loss limit because of the nature of his occupation. Not to mention that "poker pro" isn't a regular job and getting documents is challenging.
Besides credit cards, the payment methods are the same (Skrill, Neteller, ecoPayz, Bitcoin); the minimum deposit is $10.
Account verification (KYC)
You will be prompted to verify your UK account right after creating it. Some players even get "locked" and cannot access the client before they verify their documents (if this happens, just send the docs to [email protected]).
GGPoker will ask for:
- ID, passport
- Driver's license
- Proof of address
- Bank statement
- Utility bill
- P60 form
- Annual tax return.
Pros and cons of playing at GGPoker UK
GGPoker UK is an excellent option for British grinders, thanks to its massive traffic across all games and profitable MTT grid. Most of the drawbacks in the cashier are set by UKGC and can be overcome after sending the required documents (a painful process for a grinder).
We identify the following benefits of playing at this site:
- Legal poker room licensed by UKGC;
- Tons of games available 24/7;
- Millionaire monthly promotions;
- WSOP online partner;
- PayPal available.
Nevertheless, GGPoker UK has its drawbacks:
- Monthly loss limit;
- Verification requires much more documents than a regular room;
- P2P transfers are unavailable;
- 3-bet preflop rake;
- All third-party software is restricted;
- Secret PVI rake "punishing" grinders.
✅ I can't login. What should I do?
If you created a .COM account, you need to reach the customer service ([email protected]) to request an email change. Please note the room will verify all your data again.
✅ How can I contact customer service?
British players have a unique email for customer service: [email protected] The site also runs social networks (Facebook, Twitter) and a Disc
✅ Is GGPoker UK the same as GGPoker.com?
When you register a British account, you will have access to the .COM pool, and you will be able to play with ROW players. However, there are important differences due to UKGC regulations (monthly loss limit, P2P transfers are restricted).
✅ How can I verify my British account?
You can either send the documents via the client under the "Profile" section or directly send the docs to [email protected]
✅ I have a problem. How can I complain?
According to UKGC directions, GGPokerUK has a complaint procedure:
- Write to [email protected]
- You will get an answer within 21 days.
- If you cannot reach a solution in the two pre-defined stages, the dispute can be referred to a third-party (IBAS or other approved by UKGC). Please note that GGPoker UK will cover IBAS decisions only up to £10,000. Other amounts may go to court.
✅ Does GGPoker accept Paypal?
Yes! PayPal was added to GG Poker UK cashier in 2021.
Advantages of our affiliate service
Worldpokerdeals is a leading company in the professional affiliate services market with vast experience in providing players the best conditions.
Please check out certificates and awards from the affiliate community:
At GGPoker our players receive:
Private promotions and tournament tickets in our Telegram channel.
Professional support on all issues seven days a week.
Reach our team to get more information about GGPoker room.
Email: [email protected]